Wednesday 16 March 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: WINK POPPY MIDNIGHT by April Genevieve Tucholke

I am such a sucker for anything strange and different, so I think this week's waiting on Wednesday come as no surprise to you guys. It's also being compared to THE RAVEN BOYS and we all know how I feel about that. Give a warm welcome to...
WINK POPPY MIDNIGHT by April Genevieve Tucholke
Title: WINK POPPY MIDNIGHT
Author: April Genevieve Tucholke
Publisher: Dial Books
Publication Date: March 22, 2016

Summary:
The intrigue of The Virgin Suicides and the "supernatural or not" question of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer coalesce in this young adult mystery, where nothing is quite as it seems, no one is quite who you think, and everything can change on a dime.

Every story needs a hero.
Every story needs a villain.
Every story needs a secret.

Wink is the odd, mysterious neighbor girl, wild red hair and freckles. Poppy is the blond bully and the beautiful, manipulative high school queen bee. Midnight is the sweet, uncertain boy caught between them. Wink. Poppy. Midnight. Two girls. One boy. Three voices that burst onto the page in short, sharp, bewitching chapters, and spiral swiftly and inexorably toward something terrible or tricky or tremendous.

What really happened?
Someone knows.
Someone is lying.

For fans of Holly Black, We Were Liars, and The Raven Boys, this mysterious tale full of intrigue, dread, beauty, and a whiff of something strange will leave you utterly entranced.

Purchase:
Lucky me, I've actually already read this one! With hints of magical realism and unreliable narrators, WINK POPPY MIDNIGHT is everything you could ever want out of a novel. Not only is this book GREAT, but I am so excited to meet Ms Tucholke in a couple weeks at the Penguin Teen on Tour event in Brampton! 

Will you guys be there? Make sure you say hello!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you loved the book! I think it's one of the most unique and pretty covers I've seen. Awesome post! ^_^

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it terrible that I'm afraid to read this book because I'm afraid I won't like it? >_< LIKE WHAT IF I AM THE BLACK SHEEP?!

    ReplyDelete