Wednesday 30 December 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: FEAR THE DROWNING DEEP by Sarah Glenn Marsh

This week I am waiting on a book that doesn't yet have a release date but that I am SO EXCITED FOR that I just can't wait to share it with you until it does have one... Say hello to...

FEAR THE DROWNING DEEP by Sarah Glenn Marsh
Summary:
Witch’s apprentice Bridey Corkill has hated the ocean ever since she watched her granddad dive in and drown with a smile on his face. So when a dead girl rolls in with the tide in the summer of 1913, sixteen-year-old Bridey suspects that whatever compelled her granddad to leap into the sea has made its return to the Isle of Man.
Soon, villagers are vanishing in the night, but no one shares Bridey’s suspicions about the sea. No one but the island’s witch, who isn’t as frightening as she first appears, and the handsome dark-haired lad Bridey rescues from a grim and watery fate. The cause of the deep gashes in Fynn’s stomach and his lost memories are, like the recent disappearances, a mystery well-guarded by the sea. In exchange for saving his life, Fynn teaches Bridey to master her fear of the water — stealing her heart in the process.

Now, Bridey must work with the Isle’s eccentric witch and the boy she isn’t sure she can trust — because if she can’t uncover the truth about the ancient evil in the water, everyone she loves will walk into the sea, never to return.



Title: FEAR THE DROWNING DEEP
Author: Sarah Glenn Marsh
Publisher: Sky Pony Press
Publication Date: September 2016
Purchase:
First of all, the cover for this one is GORGEOUS. Second, I love that is has a magical realism feel to it. I am super excited to get my hands on a copy of this one! Especially since I have a nice signed bookplate to put inside <3 You best be sure that once I know the release date and have some preorder links, all I will be doing is spamming you with those! Everyone needs this book in their life!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I totally agree about the cover - it's so pretty! Also, I love stories with witches in them and it's been a while since I read one so I'll definitely keep an eye on this one :D Thanks for sharing, Jamie!

    My WoW

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete