Monday 10 August 2015

Five Books Ready to Give You a Book Hangover

Hi guys I thought I’d start my journey here by telling you about books I love SO MUCH that I can’t get them out of my head. Plus I’ll give you some tips about how to get over each book once you read them! 
I obviously did not include Harry Potter because that will live with me forever and there is no cure for that hangover.
 ---
THE RAVEN CYCLE || Maggie Stiefvater.
After I read The Raven Boys I immediately devoured The Dream Thieves and then went straight to my library to be put at the top of the list for Blue Lily, Lily Blue. I literally eat, sleep, and dream about this series. I even have Maggie’s playlist that describes Ronan (entitled A Terrible Playlist for Stealing An Old Friend’s Camaro) in my car at the ready – my friends are so sick of hearing Slippery Slope and about how wonderful Blue and Ronan are that I think they may stop talking to me.

How To Get Over The Book Hangover: Buy the “The Trees Speak Latin” mug off of Society6 by What The Book and drink tea out of it while crying about how perfect Blue and Ronan are. At least, that’s what I’m doing.

 ---
AIR AWAKENS SERIES || Elise Kova.
I didn’t think this book was going to have such an impact on my life when I first signed up to review it as an ARC. But Vhalla and Prince Aldrik have wormed their way into my heart and have no intention of ever letting go. And Prince Baldair *heart eyes* I absolutely adore this book and cannot wait to read the rest of the series. And I am sure you are all aware because I literally cannot stop talking about it.

How To Get Over The Book Hangover: My quick fix cure is to tweet @EliseKova and plead with her to not kill off Baldair, but you know, you do you. Worst case scenario, you can always just preorder it and wait patiently to read it.

 ---
THESE ARE THE MOMENTS || Jenny Bravo.
Gosh this one had me in tears and contemplating EVERY DECISION I EVER MADE in relationships. This is such an honest and real look at how relationships can change over time and there is nothing you can do about it. This one has stayed with me since I read it at the end of May and I just. I don’t even know how to describe it to you right now. I just keep thinking about Wendy and I hope she is doing all right.

How To Get Over The Book Hangover: Try not to think about how much you screwed up on your past relationships because they are in the past. Keep your head up and just remember that it is important to keep fighting the good fight. And if that doesn’t work, talk to Jenny on Twitter about how much you love her book.

---
EARTH & SKY TRILOGY || Megan Crewe.
I requested this series on NetGalley and the first two novels were my first approvals so they already hold a special place in my heart. But then I read them. This series is a time travel and alien science fiction novel and my heart still flutters when I think about Jule. And it definitely helps that Megan is Canadian! Repping the homeland!

How To Get Over The Book Hangover: The best way I have gotten over this one is to stare at the hardcovers on my bookshelf and take them out for a walk. I read passages I liked over and over again. … Okay clearly I am not going to get over this book hangover.


---
THE MORTAL INSTRUMENT SERIES || Cassandra Clare.
I live and breathe everything Mortal Instruments tbh. I love reading all the extra stories, like The Bane Chronicles and Tales From Shadowhunter Academy (which I have been listening to). I don’t think I’ll ever be ready to leave Clary and Jace behind.

How To Get Over The Book Hangover: Just prepare yourself for Lady Midnight and the next generation of Shadowhunters because then there will be even more book hangovers to be had.



---
Plus One!
THE GIRL FROM EVERYWHERE || Heidi Heilig.
I haven’t read this one yet, but I am already dreaming about it. I feel like the only cure will to be to read it as soon as possible! I know my lovely co-blogger has already read it and she loved it so you can check out that post and see her longer review as we gets closer to the release date!


What books have given you a book hangover?

3 comments:

  1. I still have my Air Awakens hangover... I finished the book on Thursday and have yet to start another one despite participating in ARC August... And I think chatting with Elise is making it worse, but I'm not complaining because it's AMAZING talking with her!

    The other book that gave me a massive hangover was A Court of Thorns and Roses. I just had to force myself to read after that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so bad! I can't get over Air Awakens at all. It is nice to chat about it but I feel like I'm never going to get over it.

      I haven't read ACOTAR but I have heard such good things about it and my co-blogger Nicola is hounding me to read it :P

      Delete
    2. I will make you read it xoxoxoxoxoxo :))

      Delete