Monday 15 June 2015

Vengeance Road Posse Post #1

Erin Bowman // author, type nerd, harry potter enthusiast

Yeehaw!

For those that do not know, Erin Bowman has an AMAZING new book coming out called VENGEANCE ROAD. What is it about? Read on below: 

23719270

When Kate Thompson’s father is killed by the notorious Rose Riders for a mysterious journal that reveals the secret location of a gold mine, the eighteen-year-old disguises herself as a boy and takes to the gritty plains looking for answers and justice. What she finds are devious strangers, dust storms, and a pair of brothers who refuse to quit riding in her shadow. But as Kate gets closer to the secrets about her family, she gets closer to the truth about herself and must decide if there's room for love in a heart so full of hate. 

Doesn't this book sound like roaring FUN?! It sure does! It hits shelves on the 1st of September, but until then, Erin and the rest of the Posse have lots of fun stuff to get you excited. Want to add this book to your To-Read list on Goodreads? You can HERE.

Today over on Erin's TUMBLR we will be meeting the first of the VENGEANCE ROAD cast! First up will be the star of the show, Kate Thompson! So keep a watchful eye on Erin's Tumblr, partners! (I'm ridiculously excited to meet the guys. They're going to be H O T for sure!)

Also, since everything today seems to be all VENGEANCE ROAD (Even my ice cream is echoing the color scheme of the cover, no joke!) I thought I'd toss together an aesthetic of what first came to mind when I first read just what the book was about. Wanna see it? Scroll down, lovelies, scroll down!











As someone who has never read a cowboy book or really watched a movie or TV show with them in, I am unbelievably excited. The dialect is going to be so much FUN to try and learn. I suspect after finishing this book I'll be walking around saying HOWDY to everyone. There are weird stares coming guys. Very weird stares. There will be no crazy horse-riding though as I'm pretty much THE worst person at riding horses. Like... the actual worst. When I was 13 I started riding horses and the first time I ever got on one, I fell off, rolled down a very steep hill dotted with stinging nettles while screaming the entire time, crashed through a newly erected wooden fence and landed in a deep and stagnant pond where a bullfrog proceeded to jump at my face and right into my eye and gave me conjunctivitis for a week. Curse you frog, curse you! There are photos of this moment. They're passed around at Christmas over dinner... *side-eyes family.*

SO! Unfortunate riding incident aside, watch this space for teasers, graphics and quotes! Coming very soon, cowboys and cowgirls, very soon!


P.S. I was not joking about the ice cream. It is VENGEANCE ROAD cover in ice cream form. YUM.






2 comments:

  1. OMG you poor thing. At least these types of mishaps always seem more humorous in hindsight, right?

    PS: I want that ice cream
    PPS: That VR edit is top notch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It used to upset me so much but now it just makes me laugh! One day I'll try horse riding again!

      Btw, the ice cream is chocolate orange flavored *hoards* ;)

      Delete